i apologize for the delay- i have been pretty busy with school and this is the first chance i had to put a proper study guide together.
What you need to know:
Surah was revealed in Meccah during a difficult time for the Prophet Muhammad (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam) in which his uncle and wife had both passed away (the year of sorrow)
- the opinion of Shaykh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah on why some surahs begin with letters alone (challenge to the disbelievers, here are the letters so try and make a book like the Quran)
- What is an evidence that the Quran is sufficient for us (think of the story of Umar ibn Khattab (radiyallahu anh) reading the torah)
- Dreams of the Prophets are revelation
- what did the 11 stars in Yusuf’s dream represent?
- mention the three types of dreams and how you react in each case
- in verse 7 Allah says that in this surah that there are signs for a group of people, who is that group
- What was the brothers original plan regarding Yusuf?
- What did they end up doing
- Why didnt Yaqoub believe them?
- Whose house did Yusuf grow up in?
- Why did the wife of the minister attempt to seduce Yusuf?
- The Prophet Muhammad (sal Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) said that the person who rejects the seduction of zina from a beautiful woman out of the fear of Allah will receive a reward, what is that reward?
- How did the minister know that Yusuf was the one telling the truth when his wife accused Yusuf of trying to seduce her?
- The wife of aziz invited the woman of the city to her home and she gave each one a knife. What happened when Yusuf entered?
- Yusuf (alayhisalam) called out to Allah in verse 33 that a certain place is more loved by him than what the woman call him to, what was that place?
Part 2 coming soon…….