- The two men who came to Yusuf while he was in prison: one of them was a man who used to press wine and the other was a bread maker (according to some scholars). What dreams did they have?
- Yusuf’s Dawah:
•“.. I follow the ways of my fathers,- Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob; and never could we attribute any partners whatever to Allah.”
•O my two companions of the prison! (I ask you): are many lords differing among themselves better, or the One Allah, Supreme and Irresistible?
•If not Him, you worship nothing but names which you have named,- you and your fathers,- for which Allah hath sent down no authority: the command is for none but Allah. He hath commanded that ye worship none but Him: that is the right religion, but most men understand not…
Know the above dawah statements
- What was the kings dream?
- In the Quran Allah uses the word malik to describe the king, how is this one of the historical miracles of the Quran?
- In verse 46 when the man from prison returns to ask Yusuf the interpretation of the dream we see the beautiful character of Yusuf. Please explain how this is.
- How did yusuf interpret the dream?
- Yusuf was given free reign to leave the prison to go to the king but he refused, why? Remember a hadith of the Prophet (sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam):
•Prophet (saaws) said: ‘I am amazed at Yusuf and his generosity and patience and Allah will forgive him. When he was asked about the 7 fat cows, were I in his position, I wouldn’t have told them until I put the condition upon them that they let me leave the prison……. and
when the messenger came to him, if I were in his position I would have raced him to the doors, but he intended that he have an excuse ’ (sahih muslim) Note: not the entirety of the hadith or the exact wording, the exact wording is as follows:
The Sunnah of our Prophet praised Prophet Yusuf and asserted his virtues, honor, elevated rank and patience, may Allah’s peace and blessings be on him. The Musnad and the Two Sahihs recorded that Abu Hurayrah said that the Messenger of Allah said,
«نَحْنُ أَحَقُّ بِالشَّكِّ مِنْ إِبْرَاهِيمَ إِذْ قَال»
(We are more liable to be in doubt than Ibrahim when he said,)
﴿رَبِّ أَرِنِى كَيْفَ تُحْىِ الْمَوْتَى﴾
(My Lord! Show me how You give life to the dead. ..)
«وَيَرْحَمُ اللهُ لُوطًا لَقَدْ كَانَ يَأْوِي إِلَى رُكْنٍ شَدِيدٍ، وَلَوْ لَبِثْتُ فِي السِّجْنِ مَا لَبِثَ يُوسُفُ لَأَجَبْتُ الدَّاعِي»
(And may Allah send His mercy on Lut! He wished to have powerful support! If I were to stay in prison for such a long time as Yusuf did, I would have accepted the offer.) In another narration collected by Ahmad from Abu Hurayrah, the Prophet said about Yusuf’s statement,
﴿فَاسْأَلْهُ مَا بَالُ النِّسْوَةِ الَّـتِى قَطَّعْنَ أَيْدِيَهُنَّ إِنَّ رَبِّى بِكَيْدِهِنَّ عَلِيمٌ﴾
(“…and ask him, `What happened to the women who cut their hands Surely, my Lord (Allah) is Well-Aware of their plot.”’)
«لَوْ كُنْتُ أَنَا، لَأَسْرَعْتُ الْإِجَابَةَ وَمَا ابْتَغَيْتُ الْعُذْر»
(If it was me, I would have accepted the offer rather than await my exoneration first.)
- Also know the three different categories of souls
- Which position did Yusuf ask for from the King? why?
- What did Yusuf command his servants to do for the brothers so that they would return with Bin Yameen (Benjamin)?
- Yaqub allowed Bin Yameen to go with the brothers on condition that they do something (verse 66). What did he ask them to do?
more to come soon…..